If you are in the position of administering the final affairs of someone else after they have died, you may be feeling overwhelmed. Often times, the administrator of an estate finds that a person’s last will and testament has protected the estate from probate court and estate taxes, but it doesn’t organize and execute the affairs of the estate. That task lies on your shoulders – the administrator of the estate – and it can be daunting.
We can help. Braje, Nelson & Janes, LLP has experienced probation attorneys whose related legal services cover such things as:
- Creditors to be contacted
- Final payments to be remitted
- Recurring services to be stopped
- Property to be valuated
- Investments to be liquidated or distributed
- Bank accounts to be closed
- Taxes to be settled
- Probate court matters (including disputes) to be settled
An experienced probate attorney can help with all this and more. Braje, Nelson & Janes, LLP in Michigan City, Indiana has over forty years in helping people execute the estates of loved ones. Contact us by phone at (219) 872-2100 or contact us online.